BOC Haritha Kekulu
Bank of Ceylon unveiled “BOC Haritha Kekulu” Savings Scheme for children in the age of 6-18 years, with the objective of encouraging the future generation of our nation to think green and be eco-friendly.
The product is designed with environmental-friendly features and the deposits are exclusively invested in sustainable development projects.
Secure your child’s future with financial stability together with a safe environment by opening a ‘ BOC Haritha Kekulu’ account today.
Higher interest rate of 1.5% above the normal savings rate
Medical Insurance cover for the account holder*
Life insurance cover for the account opening parent/guardian*
Scholarships for those who score highest marks at Grade 5 Scholarship Examination
E-statement /Smart Passbook facilities to view account balances and transactions
Free SMS Alert Facility
*These benefits and the eligibility criteria may revise by the Bank time to time.
Parents /Guardians can open accounts for children resident in Sri Lanka, aged between 6-18 years
At the age of 18 years to the child
Account will be automatically transferred to a sustainable general savings product
The account holder needs to visit the branch with National Identity Card to convert the account to a preferred savings scheme
Terms and Conditions
Bank of Ceylon holds the right to change, add or revise the terms and conditions and facilities offered to the account
It is advisable to contact your nearest BOC branch or our Contact Centre via 1975 for the latest information and prevailing terms and conditions
Higher rate of Interest
Offer 1.5% higher interest rate than the normal savings account (Minimum interest is Rs. 5/- per month)
The interest margin may vary from time to time
- Surgical & Hospitalization cover for Account Holder
- Hospitalizations due to accidents and 12 defined critical illnesses are covered
- Benefits up to Rs.150,000/- per annum
- A minimum balance of Rs. 5,000/- should be continuously maintained in the account for a minimum period of 12 months immediately prior to the incident. Higher benefits based on account balance
- Should have been admitted in a Government/Private hospital for minimum 24 hours including one night
Death (natural/accidental) and permanent disability (due to accidents) cover for the account opening Father/Mother/Guardian
- Maximum of Rs.2.0Mn insurance cover
- Minimum balance of Rs. 50,000/- should be continuously maintained for a minimum period of 12 months immediately prior to the incident. Higher benefits based on account balance
- The account opening parent/guardian is entitled to receive the benefits for maximum of 03 accounts opened by him/herself
Terms & Conditions
- Benefits offered may vary time to time
- Eligibility criteria defined by the Bank/Insurance Company should be met to receive the insurance benefits
- The parent/guardian should be below 60 years of age at the time of account opening and below 65 years of age at the time of the claim to be eligible for the Life Insurance Cover
- Account holder should be in the age between 6-18 years at the time of the insurance claim
- Benefits are paid if and when the claim is honored by the Insurance Company and the benefit amounts may vary based on the nature and extent of the incident subject to exclusions
- Claims to be submitted to the bank within 6 months of the incident
- Please contact the Branch for further details and applicable terms and conditions
Grade 5 Scholarship Scheme
A scholarship of Rs. 15,000/- is awarded for account holders who score highest marks at Grade Five Scholarship Examination.
Terms & Conditions:
A minimum amount of Rs.5000/- should be maintained in “BOC Haritha Kekulu” Account one day prior to the date of releasing the exam results to be eligible for the scholarship.
Following documents are required at account opening
Original birth certificate of the child together with a photocopy (Original will be returned to the customer by the bank)
National Identity card of the parent / guardian
Address proof (If not residing in the same place mentioned in NIC)
For more information, contact the nearest Bank of Ceylon Branch or the Contact Centre.
* Conditions apply