BOC Ran Ulpatha
- BOC Ran Ulpatha is an investment savings account introduced by Bank of Ceylon to facilitate regular savings build ups with higher interest returns and insurance benefits.
- This is a concept similar to “Seettuwa” and is ideal for regular savers who seek a higher return with small regular savings. Any individual above 18 years of age can open a Ran Ulpatha regular savings account and only requires a monthly deposit to enjoy interest benefits.
BOC Ran Ulpatha offers
- Attractive bonus interest on interest earned.
- Free Life Insurance Cover up to Rs: 500,000/ - for Account holders within the ages of 18-60.
Terms and Conditions
- Only 3 withdrawals are permitted during the 90-calendar-day period following the last withdrawal.
- If the number of withdrawals exceeds three, the account will be transferred to normal savings category and thereafter all benefits offered to BOC Ran Ulpatha account cease to exist.
- It is advisable to contact your nearest BOC branch or our Call Centre on 1975 for the latest information and prevailing terms and conditions.
1. Financial Benefits
- Offer normal savings interest rate.
- Attractive bonus interest on the interest earned will be offered, if no withdrawals have been made and at least three deposits have been made each with a minimum amount of Rs.100/- during each quarter.
2. Life insurance cover for Account Holder
- 10 times of the balance upto a maximum of Rs. 500,000/- will be paid at the death(Natural/Accident) / Permanent Disability (due to accidents only) of the account holder
- Terms & conditions:
- Account holders within the ages of 18-60 will be eligible
- Minimum balance of Rs.10,000/- should be continuously maintained for a minimum period of 6 months before the death of account holder
- Claims to be submitted to the bank within 5 months of the incident
Following documents are required at the account opening
- National Identity Card
- Address proof (If not residing in the same place mentioned in NIC)
For more information contact the nearest Bank of Ceylon Branch.
* Conditions apply